Born: Palani, India¦ Childhood ¦Madurai, India¦Past: Chennai, Silicon Valley, Mumbai, Srilanka, Japan, Bangalore¦ Present: Geneva, Switzerland¦ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org¦ twitter: @vgthinks ¦ Linkedin: http://bit.ly/2cBGKGl ¦
- Global Leadership Fellow (2012 – 15), an Executive Masters programme jointly offered by INSEAD, Wharton, London Business School, Columbia and CEIBS, China in collaboration with the World Economic Forum
- MBA, International University of Japan¦ Monbukagakhusho Scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology (MEXT), Japan¦Jasso Schlolarship ¦ Teaching Assistant for Strategic Management & Organizational Behaviour courses
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Madurai Kamaraj University; Ship For World Youth 1998 Fellowship from Government of Japan
- World Economic Forum : Partnerships, Facilitation & Programme Design, Thought Leadership, Community Building
- Innosight: Management Consulting – Strategy & Business Model Innovation, Start ups & Business Incubation
- Sony Corporation: Technology Strategywith the Chief Strategist
- Crest Animation: Technical Director & Project Head for a 120 member team delivering India’s first squash and stretch 3D animation series aired in Cartoon Network
- Pentamedia: 3D Animator, Environment Designer for animation movies, games, ads and TV series
‘Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of the problem. If we understand the problem well, the answer will come out of it because the answer is not separate from the problem’ – J Krishnamurti
I am passionate about helping individuals / organizations to unlearn ‘status quo’ and to learn to be creative, innovative and disruptive. I love debates and interactions both in the real and virtual world. I have worked with several key questions from ‘what do I know?’ to ‘How do I do?’ to ‘Why do we do & whatif? and presently, ‘who do we know’ to produce results. In the process, I have developed strong competencies creating models that orchestrate networks, deliver high end technology to mass markets, provide services to the base of the pyramid, developing content to educate and entertain kids to name a few. I have been a Management Consultant advising CEOs on strategy & innovation, Venture Builder incubating disruptive startups, Technical Director for animation series for kids and presently, a community builder & mentor for high potential young leaders ranging from CEOs to Social Entrepreneurs to Activists to Ministers to IAS Officers to VCs to name a few.
I have delivered talks in TEDx Bucharest 2015, Al Akhawyn University in Morocco, World Economic Forum, SHAPE South Asia and also, have interviewed leaders like Adi Godrej, Wale Tinubu of Oando, Platon, Babutunde Osotimehin of UNFPA, Rabbi David Rosen and many more. I mentor high potential young entrepreneurs, ministers, IAS officers and leaders from all walks of life. I write regularly for Huffington Post, World Economic Forum Agenda, Linkedin Pulse and my work has been acknowledged by Sir Ken Robinson, Lean Startup, CISCO EIR to name a few.
Mt.Fuji pilgrimage in 2007
My experience ranges from ‘learning to ride a bicycle without any support’ to ‘getting beaten by my school teacher for asking questions’ to ‘competing to get seats in a crowded public bus in Madurai’ to ‘playing cricket in 42 degrees heat’ to ‘organizing volunteers for blood donation’ to ‘studying engineering without knowing why’ to ‘learning onboard while travelling around the Indian ocean in a cruise liner with 300 youth from 20 different countries’ to ‘getting married to a girl from a community that is in bitter conflict with my community’ to ‘creating animation content for kids’ to ‘doing my MBA in Japan with no money to buy books’ to ‘climbing Mt.Fuji alone overnight’ to ‘graduating with a MBA degree with 2 kids in my arms and a job that I liked’ to ‘building disruptive new businesses at BoP’ to ‘working on Edison award winning business model innovation’ to ‘learning guitar with 8 year olds’ to ‘playing with my kids like an elephant, tiger and cow’ to ‘finding my self at INSEAD’ to ‘building a community of young change makers using a ‘Holacracy’ /’open innovation’ model to writing articles on topics of innovation and growth to designing programs and partnerships to scale impact to spreading my idea on leadership through TEDx Bucharest to teaching students in Al Akhawayn University in Morocco…..The JOURNEY continues.